This is a question that concerns many employers who need to control expenses, but who also must keep valuable employees and maintain positive staff morale.
Here are some other questions I find employers ask when we are invited to review employee benefit plans:
• What is the state of group medical insurance for employers today?
• What type of plan choices are employers making today? HMO, PPO, low premium high deductible plans?
• Do employers feel that one plan fits all employees’ family needs?
• What topics are included in the review process to help an employer select a program appropriate to them to meet their goals & objectives?
1) Employer’s Future growth & recruiting plans
2) Employer’s Budget
3) Eligibility of employees to enroll
4) Benefits to be offered
5) Cost controls considered
• What are voluntary employee benefits and what can these programs do for the employees and their families? How are they used in an employer’s benefit program?
• What would be those employee benefit programs that can be very important to employees but seem to be overlooked, because they are not typically presented to employers by benefit advisors?
• What can employers expect in the future for employee benefits programs?
These and other questions will be answered on “Insurance Matter” Tuesday August 23rd, 8 a.m. on Sacramento’s Money 105.5 FM, where guest Joe Daynes, Employee Benefits Advisory, will join me. You may also go online to www.smallbiztalkradio.com to listen to the chat.