As we all grow older and begin to reach those years where we are called “elderly,” many of us find we have some of the following concerns:
· Wish to remain independent in our homes
· Wish to maintain good health and receive adequate health care
· Have enough money for everyday needs & not outlive our assets & income
These and other related issues will be discussed with my guest Barry Fischer, a Long Term Care Professional Advisor.
Barry brings a wealth of experience and knowledge in the area of long term care planning and he will be sharing his practical approaches with us this Saturday at 9:30 a.m. You can reach the show online at Small Biz Talk Radio.
According to the National Care Planning Council, government is not providing funds needed for our long term care needs, so it is up to all of us to create our own plan to fund this very high cost financial liability.
Here are some of the questions that we will answer in our chat on Saturday with Barry:
· Why is there a lack of long term planning by so many people?
· What are the estimated costs for an individual’s long term needs?
· What are some of the ways others are fulfilling their plans?
We will also share some examples of how planning has worked for others, and also share the financial hardship caused because of a lack of adequate planning?
· 94 year old grandmother
· Surgeon & spouse
· Pile driving contractor
With some thought and guidance from Barry Fischer, you will find that this planning process can be easier than you think.
Tune in to “Insurance Matters” this Saturday at 9:30 a.m. online at Small Biz Talk Radio. Or, tune to Sacramento’s 1380 AM KTKZ.