In Mike’s recent return visit to “Insurance Matters” he focused on the use of matching the characteristics of an employment candidate to a real job.
He used the example of the hiring process for a truck driver. All the techniques he described and demonstrated are applicable to other jobs any employer may have to fill.
Here are some highlights to Mike’s comments:
· In addition to job descriptions, seek information on the characteristics for your job from your business or professional associations in your industry or profession
· Rely upon other’s opinions within your organization when making your decision
· Take time to think about how this role will help fulfill the mission of your organization
· Multiple interviews with you and others in your organization may give you a clearer view of the “real” person you are considering
· Take into account any physical requirements of the job you wish to fill
· Use open ended questions in your chat with candidates
The link address to the audio recording is here so that you may gain from Mike’s knowledge and experience: http://www.screencast.com/t/ARewVc9o
Thanks to all of you for your comments of this show. I look forward to having Mike return to chat about other employment/hiring related topics.
Tune into "Insurance Matters" every Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. on Sacramento’s Money 105.5 FM & at 9:30 a.m. 1st Saturday each month on AM 1380 KTKZ – Online www.smallbiztalkradio.com