Here are questions I shared this morning on “Insurance Matters” for your use when an insurance agent solicits your business and you think you may have an interest.
These are initial questions to ask an insurance agent to learn about how the agent applies their knowledge & experience in their insurance practice to your organization:
- In addition to providing a policy, what do you do for your clients?
Please briefly describe the services you provide?
Do they involve the following:
- Help with regulatory compliance?
- Work place safety: training; claims management, etc.?
- Human Resource services support?
- Take advantage of the typical lost opportunities associated with multiple insurance programs
- What is the address of your website? (view what they say they do and what resources they provide)
- How many years of experience do you and your insurance agency have?
- How many other customers do you have in my industry? (this may help you to learn about any specialized knowledge they may provide)
- Are you an exclusive insurance agent for a company, like Federated, or State Farm? (one insurance company does not fit all situations – remember, you need an advisor who can provide you with the overall oversight and management of your various insurance programs )
- How do you make my job easier & simplify the management of my insurance?
These questions help you to qualify the caller and to also compare them to what you are receiving and help you learn what is typically available to employers in the insurance market place.
This could be an important exercise for you and the decision you make could be financially beneficial to you personally and to your business.
You are invited to tune into "Insurance Matters" hosted by Tom Bone every Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. on Sacramento’s Money 105.5 FM; and the first Saturday at 9:30 a.m. on AM 1380 KTKZ – Online link www.smallbiztalkradio.com