So far, we have had an introduction to El Nino and with all the predictions of what may result it is not too late to be prepared for the full force that is expected to reach us soon.
Charles Wilson, Risk Manager based in the San Francisco Bay Area, has just provided us with excellent advice with his “Ten checklist preparations.”
These are some good recommendations to get started and to follow though for the protection of you, your family, your employees and your business.
Here are some highlights:
- Don’t ignore the warnings
- Flooding creeks and rivers can cause huge damages. Even slopes and hillsides can become torrents when parched, and then turn into foul mudflows
- Flood insurance may be useful
- Clean gutters, rooftops, downspouts, etc.
- Clean or alert public works to unclog storm drains
- Beware of trees weakened by drought
- Dangerous driving conditions may occur from severe rain
- Blackouts can happen
- Emergency supplies can mean survival in dire circumstances
- Evacuation plans must
This is a quick read with good content and resources for your further investigation.
To read this blog posting and/or to subscribe, just CLICK HERE. You will also view other valuable content.