So, what is SEAC and what can they do for you employers?
SEAC is a non-profit organization made up of members from the business community in the greater Sacramento area. Through its Board of Directors, the organization works in close partnership with the EDD and the California Employer Advisory Council to provide its members with valuable employment law updates and practical human resource guidance for complying with the complex web of federal and state employment laws.
SEAC is unique and different from many other human resource or employer associations, in that it has direct access to the EDD and its services. In fact, an EDD representative sits on SEAC’s Board as a non-voting member. This means that in addition to keeping its members current on federal and state employment law developments, SEAC also provides its members with the opportunity to have personal one-to-one contact with EDD representatives who can assist employers in a variety of ways.
The new Board of Directors has been elected and was recently installed. Here is a list of those how will take an active role to helping employers receive Solid, Essential, Accurate, and Competent information:
• Krista Dunzweiler, Chairperson, Employment Attorney with Locke Lord LLP
• Jennifer A. Doughty, Vice Chairperson, Employment Attorney with Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation
• Jasmine L. Anderson, Membership Chair/Historian, Employment Attorney with Shaw Valenza LLP
• Erica Rosasco, Speaker Chair, Employment Attorney with Flesher McKague LLP
• Megan Christiansen, Legal Affairs Chair, Employment Attorney with Weintraub Tobin
• Tom Bone, Publicity Chair, Risk Insurance Advisor, ISU Insurance Services
• Ali Knight, Treasurer, HR Director for On My Own
• Cory Quintanilla, EDD – Workforce Services, SEAC Membership Contact
• Judy Ravarra, Secretary, HR Director for Yolo Hospice
• Lizbeth V. West (Beth), Past Chairperson, Weintraub Tobin
• Brenda Johnson/Past Treasurer, Accounting Manager for SearchPro Staffing
Contact SEAC for more information about sponsored events, workshops and membership by reaching out to Melissa Ford, Administrator:
Sacramento Employer Advisory Council 5325 Elkhorn Boulevard Suite #241 Sacramento, CA 95842
Phone 916.484.4647 Fax 916.993.3170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.saceac.com